Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bread For The Future

Not knowing what I was doing I decided to give it a try! The process was right except I put to much dough in to begin with. Next time I'll do less. I think I'll put enough dough in to reach the bottom of the jar name, like Kerr or Mason. Once you have let the dough rise again you put it in the oven and bake. If you get a mountain top like mine you can just trim off the top. Then you just put on your lids and the heat will cause them to seal and pop! It's so easy! I have been dying to do this and I finally found a great bread recipe so I gave it a try. This is in half pint jars, I would prefer to do it in quart size jars so I would have enough for the whole family. Very tasty!

7 comments:

Memzy said...

Never heard of this. So now I'll need the recipe!

Email me emilykw8@gmail.com

Why are you always having these good ideas? You're like the idea girl.

Anna B said...

I love that idea. Can you post more details on how you did that. Living in Utah I have become a little more domestic. I have never seen that before. I could even tell everyone I came up with that on my own. What do you think?

Anna B said...

albutler2@hotmail.com THANKS!

kristi said...

You are so clever (although I've seen this done before)! I also found jars for cheap today if you're interested. I'll be doing jam in a few weeks and I really think that bread and jam in jars would be a welcomed treat in times of calamity, or for people that you VT during the holidays! What do you think?

GustoBones said...

Love the Bread in jars idea, so smart!!! I am going to have to try this for sure.

tiki95 said...

I love all your ideas, someday I'm gping to come up with something great before you. ;) I'm going to need a recipe also. Tahoe Joes was great. How about 3 cheers for not being a room mom (for at least 3 months) Hip Hip Hooray. 1 1/2 days to go.

Urmston Family said...

Looks like fun and I now know where to go if there is no more bread in Bakersfield. Thanks for posting on my blog and have a good summer. ~Jill