Tuesday, December 16, 2008

See, I Can Be Fun. . .

SOMETIMES! The girls ALWAYS beg me to buy them one of these gingerbread houses. I usually say "maybe" and pretend like I forget!! I know, I know, I'm such a bad mom! I decided to brake down and buy them one this year. They had a great time making it after fighting about who gets to make what part! Of course, you don't see the after picture of the frosting slash candy fight. See that's why I forget!

*No, that's not our dog and yes that's their cute cousin Sydney!

9 comments:

Memzy said...

Who claimed you WEREN'T fun is what I wanna know. Them's fighting words.

Jackie said...

Now that you caved and said yes...it's a tradition now right? Can't wait to see next year's house!

J and J Haroldsen said...

Good for you!! They'll thank you for it for years to come! How's the new house? Put some pics up girl!!

Beckstrand's said...

What fun!! Pretty soon you'll be entering your gingerbread homes into the magazine contests.

The Heber's said...

I don't think you're a bad mom for not doing gingerbread houses in the past. I think you are a smart mom! It looks great!!

kristi said...

We went to MY grandma's house and blinged out our gingerbread. If you can encourage this, you will accomplish a few things:
Grama & Grampa get to spend time with their grandgirls;
Grama & Grampa get the honor of cleaning up the mess (and sometimes the kids are more likely to help THEM);
You could leave and do some crafts or something;
Make this an annual tradition with grama & grampa today!!!

The Scharmann Family said...

I do the same thing Allie! The last time we did a gingerbread house was when Brendan was a baby! Looks like you had alot of extra help! Love the new blog!

Emily said...

How fun for your girls! See, you are a great Mom!

Heather said...

Looks like fun! Why isn't that your dog? How are you? How is the house? My girls would love that, but I too would forget, even though they never do!